- Yaesu FTDX10 HF/50MHz 100W Hybrid
- Alinco DM-430T Switching 12v 30A
- Wolf River Coil SOTA Special (SOTA is
Summits On The Air) Packable Vertical Antenna
with Buddipole extensions (2
ea. 11" and one 32" - 54" total) and longer
(84")whip antenna similar to this.
- Alpha Antenna JPole Jr. 36' End fed 'sloper'
feed end at 30' AGL (Above Ground Level)
sloping to 10' AGL with the wire pointing South, so
East/West should be strongest signals.
Connected through NI4L HF Choke Line Isolator
(CM choke) to reduce RFI.
- SDR Play RSP1a (Software: SDR Uno)
- BTech UV-25X2 VHF/UHF FM
- Baofeng UV-5R VHF/UHF FM HT w/
Nagoya NA-771 VHF/UHF Antenna
- MFJ 1708B-SDRS SDR Receiver TR
- MFJ 1701 Antenna Switch
- Mac Mini - the workhorse;
produces the Internet presence for this web site,
publishes several MySQL databases, handles all
storage, video, html editing, email, etc.
- Acer Notebook - configured
primarily for Application Generation with AppGini
for MySQL databases.
- Toshiba Satellite Notebook -
configured primarily for Radio Control with DxLabs,
WSJT, and other radio control software.
- Fluke 77 DVM (circa 1970, my
- NANO VNA Network Vector
- TinySA Spectrum Analyzer, to
be purchased as needed.
- Looking for an inexpensive 100
Mhz dual trace storage oscilloscope.
- Skimmer (not until it works
with my SDR or another inexpensive one).
Skimmer is expensive - but it could be worth it
since there are few reverse beacons near me.
But not until I have a proven antenna system ...
- Best radio control, DX, Contesting software, but
it needs a native CW decoder!
- WSJT - The best way to 'do'
- CWGet - Works off the
sound card, so it can work with DXLabs
- CHIRP - Allows programming
HT's to the same channel (frequency) etc. even if
they are different model numbers from different
manufacturers. But its a bit 'clunky' - I may have a
look at creating the same functionality using some
other tools and database(s).
- Rebuild operating position to
provide space to continue ballistics work and
- Solid 'butcher block top'
replaces ACX plywood as working surface.
- Remove original desk, replace
with roll around drawers.
- Retire the notebooks and move
functions of both to a mini PC with dual 18" LED